Are you looking for some lemonade to match your soul and outfit?
Instructables has a recipe for “Black Lemonade.” And as you can probably tell by the name, it’s lemonade that is black. It uses activated charcoal capsules. Fun fact, activated charcoal is often used to help treat a overdoses in the emergency room. Drugs and other toxins bind to the charcoal and help rid the body of unwanted substances. How goth is that?!
If you’re looking for some goth as fuck soft serve ice cream, you should head to Los Angeles.
Check out the recipe from Instructables below:
Black lemonade is a quick and simple recipe requiring just a few ingredients. You probably have most of them in your kitchen already…except the charcoal.
- juice of one lemon
- 1-2 capsules activated charcoal
- stevia or maple syrup
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze it with a juicer releasing the juice. Make sure to pick out any seeds that may sneak in. Add lemon juice to a 16 ounce glass.
- Break open 1-2 activated charcoal capsules (check dosage on your bottle or container), add to the lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Fill glass to the top with ice and add water. Stir in sweetener to taste. I used 5 drops of stevia.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon. Drink and enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: Do not serve “Black Lemonade” to someone without telling them the ingredients. Charcoal can affect the absorption of medication in the GI system. That’s why it’s given to overdose patients in the Emergency Department– to prevent the drug from being absorbed and causing further harm. Charcoal doesn’t really have a taste but can have a gritty texture. It can also stain clothing.