Have you always wanted to work at Paisley Park? You’re in luck. Paisley Park is looking for an Archives Supervisor.
There is a lot of stuff at Paisley Park, and they are looking for someone to “actively work in the care, catalog, storage and preservation of all artifacts and archival materials; the care, cleaning, and monitoring of all exhibits.”
No information on salary is available, but “this is a full-time position located in the Archives Department having variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays, evenings, and overtime as required. This is a promotional opportunity. Benefits may be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period.”
In addition you “must be able to see to do detail work” as well as the ability to sit for long periods of time and speak well enough to communicate in a clear distinct voice. You must also have excellent typing skills and own a vehicle in order to run job related errands if necessary.
For a full job description, responsibilities, and to apply, click here.
- Actively work in the care, catalog, storage and preservation of all artifacts and archival materials; the care, cleaning, and monitoring of all exhibits.
- Maintain and Update the archival database system.
- Monitor the trafficking of archive inventory.
- Assist the appropriate staff in having access to the archives collection as required.
- Travel/act as a courier of artifacts to locations where artifacts are to be displayed including the setting up and taking down of exhibits in these locations.
- Execute, maintain, and provide accurate conditioning reports for all items being moved from storage for exhibition.
- Ensure that the collections manual, preservation plans and archives emergency plan are observed.
- Locate, retrieve, and prepare artifacts for display/loans.
- Ensure the integrity of the collection in maintained at all times.
- Oversea all cleaning of exhibit spaces.
- Work with outside vendors to schedule monthly, quarterly and annual cleaning.
- Assist with Archives long term planning, conservation goals and preservation needs.
- Photograph and or scan artifacts when needed.
- Assist with exhibition installs.
- Maintain displayed artifacts in proper environment, eliminate risk to artifacts.
- Assist Director of Archives with coordinating activities involving the maintenance, preservation and mansion upkeep.
- Ensure the integrity of the exhibitions are maintained at all times.
- Assist other departments with general research/fact checking, research use of the collection
- Assist with the training staff in methods and procedures for the database system, in collection preparation and care, and in exhibit development and installation.
- Assist with the supervision the daily activities of the archives staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of archives staff.
- Perform the job of courier when needed
- Other duties as required.