Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein Is Nominated For PETA’s Hottest Vegan of 2017
The nominees for PETA’s annual “Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity Contest” have been announced. This year, along with Miley Cyrus and Travis Barker, Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein, who is a vegan, has been nominated.
According to Doyle, ‘being vegan is metal AF’. You can vote for Doyle here, and check out his recipe for a No-Bake Layered Cashew Cheesecake with Chocolate Sauce below.
No-Bake Layered Cashew Cheesecake with Chocolate Sauce
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained, and rinsed
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 pkg. vegan cream cheese
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup raspberries
1 pkg. vegan chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Place the dates and pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Place the cashews, coconut milk, vegan cream cheese, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. If too thick, add more coconut milk.
- Pour half of the filling evenly over the crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Add 1/4 cup of the raspberries to the remaining filling in the blender. Blend until smooth. Pour evenly over the first “cheesecake” layer and refrigerate for 2 more hours.
- Place the vegan chocolate chips and cornstarch in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the “cheesecake” from the pan. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and top with the remaining raspberries.
Makes 8 to 10 servings