If you missed our big news, we’ve launched a major petition to get #ABBAforRiotFest next year (make sure you sign that thing pronto and send it to literally everyone you know). We’re calling upon the now-reunited ABBA to come perform at Riot Fest 2022, because nobody deserves this more than our fans (and, of course, us).
We’re not going to let up on this one. So to kick things into high gear, here’s a list of ten major reasons why the greatest band in the world (ABBA) should play the greatest festival in the world (Riot Fest) next year.
- ABBA made their first American TV appearance on The Mike Douglas Show in 1974. Mike is the name of the guy who started Riot Fest.
- Before ABBA was known as ABBA, they were known as ‘Festfolk’—the Party People. That was also the original name for Riot Fest.
- Dancing Queen Wall of Death. Enough said.
- ABBA has reportedly turned down $1 billion dollars to reunite. We don’t have a billion dollars… so that works out.
- Riot Mike has a full tattoo back piece of all four members of ABBA.
- ABBA translates to ‘father’ in English and if we can get ABBA to reunite at Riot Fest, my father might finally be proud of me.
- ABBA is huge in Australia—one 1976 ABBA TV Special in Australia got more views than the 1969 moon landing. The first Riot Fest also took place in Australia.
- Both Ramones and Sex Pistols were heavily influenced by ABBA (each band had 4 members) and since we can’t get Ramones or Sex Pistols to reunite, this is what we can do.
- Your mom and dad both like ABBA, and maybe they would both come to Riot Fest and not get divorced.
- If ABBA reunited at Riot Fest we would sell a lot of tickets and make a lot of money—and that’s what Riot Fest is really about.
Let’s face it: it would be fucking awesome if ABBA played Riot Fest. We don’t know if it would be “punk rock,” but who the hell cares? It would be fun, and you know it. Sign our petition today and tell ABBA to take a chance on us.
SIGN THE PETITION: Bring ABBA to Riot Fest 2022