The first new music from Kathleen Hanna in over 4 years is here, as part of the LAND TRUST benefit album that will be released on June 3. The new track was made in collaboration with Bikini Kill tour mates Erica Dawn Lyle and Vice Cooler. Get a sneak peek below.
Lyle is the new guitarist for Bikini Kill; Cooler, the band’s drum tech, is also a brilliant songwriter/producer who used to front the way-ahead-of-their-time post-post-hardcore collective XBXRX. So it made perfect sense that when the pair recorded a collaborative album with a stunning selection of feminist punk heroes, Kathleen Hanna would be in the mix. Her contribution, “Mirrorball,” finds the sweet spot between Bikini Kill’s claws-out aggression and Le Tigre’s dance-party bounce.
You can hear the complete track at Bandcamp.
The entire album, entitled LAND TRUST: Benefit for NEFOC, comes out June 3, and includes collaborations with Kim Gordon, Kelley Deal of the Breeders, Bikini Kill’s Kathi Wilcox, Alice Bag, the Raincoats, the Linda Lindas, Brontez Purnell, and many, many more. All profits will go to Northeast Farmers of Color Land Trust (NEFOC), “an Indigenous and POC-led grassroots organization that seeks to connect POC farmers to land to grow healthy foods and medicines for our communities.” The track list is below.
Erica Dawn Lyle & Vice Cooler
LAND TRUST: Benefit for NEFOC
Release Date: June 3, 2022
- Decoder Ring (Ft. Katie Alice Greer)
- Lost In Thought (Ft. The Linda Lindas, Kathi Wilcox)
- Mirrorball (Ft. Kathleen Hanna)
- Debt Collector (Ft. Kim Gordon)
- Soul Fire Farm (Ft. Alice Bag, Emily Retsas)
- The Immortals (Ft. Brontez Purnell)
- Can’t Fight Me (Ft. Ah-Mer-Ah-Su)
- Agave (Ft. The Raincoats)
- Break A Window (Ft. Rachel Aggs, Emily Retsas)
- Flashes Of Knowing (Ft. Christina Billotte)
- Cracks In The Ceiling (Ft. Ali Carter, Emily Retsas)
- Star Fuck (Ft. Louisahhh)
- Bodies (Ft. Kelley Deal, Emily Retsas, Sarah Register)
- PS Forever (Ft. Satomi Matsuzaki)
- Never Was (Ft. Ivy Jeanne, Mike Watt)
- Hearing Myself Again (Ft. Palberta, Emily Retsas, Anne Wood)