As we mentioned last week, more than a dozen sightings of a bat-like humanoid have been reported in Chicago this year.
The witness of the July 27th gave this description of the incident, “I was leaving work at about 8:45pm on Thursday night in The Loop as I walked the two blocks to the nearest train station to go home I saw a large batlike creature that was perched on top of one the streetlight poles across the street from the Harold Washington Library. This creature stood about 7 ft tall and was sitting there motionless.”
“This creature had a pair of glowing red eyes that appear to be fixated on something across the street. It stood there for about 6 seconds that’s when I saw a flash from a group of kids on the sidewalk as someone was taking a picture of this thing. It then spread open a large pair of wings flapped them a couple of times and took off into the air. The girls from that group of kids screamed and they all took off running.”
“I saw as it shot up and over the library and was gone in the matter of about two seconds. I was very shaken up by what I saw and talked to my pastor about it at church on Saturday. It was he who pointed me in the direction of this site where I can make this report, thank you.”
The Singular Fortean Society, a website dedicated to “investigating the impossible”, has recorded over a dozen different sightings of flying humanoids in Chicago in 2017. The most recent sighting occurred just last month in Logan Square, when a bouncer at The Owl saw a “bat-like humanoid” flying over the lot across the street from the bar.
The sightings have generally taken place in the late evening or at night in or near a park. Witnesses have all described a large, bat or bird-like creature with humanoid features. If you see any bat-like humanoids please contact The Singular Fortean Society.
The Singular Fortean Society has compiled a detailed timeline and reporting of all the sighting so far:
- A semi truck driver reports strange medical maladies after spotting a flying humanoid flying over a Chicago expressway on March 22nd, 2017.
- A witness walking their dog in Chicago’s Oz Park runs into a paralyzing winged being on April 10th, 2017.
- Three separate witnesses report seeing an unidentified flying humanoid over Chicago between April 15th and April 16th, 2017.
- A man fishing with his son on the banks of the Little Calumet in Chicago sees a weird winged being after hearing an eerie, unexplained sound on April 27th, 2017.
- A man and his son see a bat-like creature while out walking in Calumet Park on May 5th, 2017.
- A family walking along the riverfront sees a flying humanoid cross over the William P. Fahey bridge within a week of the May 5th sighting.
- A married couple witnesses a large, black, bat-like creature with glowing red eyes near the intersection of North Wrightwood Avenue and North Lakeview Avenue on May 27th, 2017.
- Two different couples see a large, bat-like flying humanoid in the Lincoln Park area on June 3rd, 2017.
- A jogger near the Navy Pier sees an enormous bat take wing and fly towards the water treatment plant on June 17th, 2017.
- A couple, along with a crowd of people, sees a large, black, bat-like creature with humanoid features near the Adler Planetarium on June 23rd, 2017. A second report received in early July confirms the sighting details of this report.
- A police officer, along with the officer’s partner and a group of civilians, sees a “dark black shadow with wings” standing atop a building before taking flight in the Auburn Gresham neighborhood of Chicago on June 29th, 2017.
- A security person taking a break outside of The Owl sees a bat-like humanoid flying over an empty lot across the street on June 30th, 2017.