Riot Fest had a great day with our neighbors in Douglas Park on Saturday. Huge thanks to the residents and volunteers who came together for Douglas Park Beautification, the Community Job Fair and Community Ticketing Registration.
Douglas Park Beautification Initiative
Turns out you can accomplish a lot in 4 hours. We mulched trees, pulled weeds, power washed and planted beautiful flowers at Douglas Park’s formal gardens. We can’t wait to be back September 10th to do it again. So far, we have accomplished the following this summer alone:
- Mulched 250-300 trees and bushes
- Leveled out low-lying field areas with soil
- Laid 30,000 square feet of sod
- Graded, aerated and seeded all fields
- Beautified the Flower Hall by cutting away overgrowth and weeds, power washing, cleaning out the Reflection Pool and planting flowers in 8 stone planters
- Filled 50 garbage bags with trash
Check out some photos below, and email [email protected] if you’d like to get involved with the next one.