The nominees for PETA’s annual “Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity Contest” have been announced. This year, along with Miley Cyrus and Travis Barker, Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein, who is a vegan, has been nominated.
According to Doyle, ‘being vegan is metal AF’. You can vote for Doyle here, and check out his recipe for a No-Bake Layered Cashew Cheesecake with Chocolate Sauce below.
No-Bake Layered Cashew Cheesecake with Chocolate Sauce
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained, and rinsed
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 pkg. vegan cream cheese
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup raspberries
1 pkg. vegan chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Place the dates and pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Place the cashews, coconut milk, vegan cream cheese, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. If too thick, add more coconut milk.
- Pour half of the filling evenly over the crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Add 1/4 cup of the raspberries to the remaining filling in the blender. Blend until smooth. Pour evenly over the first “cheesecake” layer and refrigerate for 2 more hours.
- Place the vegan chocolate chips and cornstarch in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the “cheesecake” from the pan. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and top with the remaining raspberries.
Makes 8 to 10 servings