Last year, we granted a long-requested wish to Riot Fest: a wedding chapel. It was a huge success, with 32 lovely pairs walking out of Riot Fest 2021 as married couples. So today, we’re happy to share that Riot Fest’s Wedding Chapel is back for 2022!
For the second year in a row, you can get legally married at Riot Fest with an ordained minister at our own Wedding Chapel, decked out and ready for anyone hoping to tie the knot. We will even have a photographer stationed at our decorated Chapel to capture your special day!
There are multiple time slots for each day of Riot Fest to sign up for—which are now live* and can be found below.
Please note: you will need a marriage license to tie the knot at Riot Fest! Couples will need to appear together at one of the Cook County Clerk’s six locations; full details on that here.
*We have a limited number of time slots available and will do our best to accommodate everyone. A lottery system may be used, if necessary, in the event of a surplus of sign-ups. We will also create a waitlist for weddings, in case we have any last-minute cancellations—so don’t give up all hope if you don’t get your preferred slot.
HOW IT WORKS
Our soon-to-be newly weds will need to get a marriage license first at one of Cook County Clerk’s six locations. This is required so our officiant and your witness can sign the wedding certificate, that you’ll have to send back to Cook County.
- Signup with your preferred time slot on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- Wait for an email confirmation from Riot Fest about your date/time or wait list status.
- Get a wedding certificate from Cook County to be signed at the festival by our officiant and your witness.
- Bring a witness to sign your certificate to the festival. It can be an old friend, a new friend, or someone you just met at the festival!
- Show up at your designated time at the wedding chapel, which will be marked on the Official Riot Fest Map that you can also access from the soon-to-be-launched Riot Fest app. (The chapel will likely be in the same location as it was in 2021.)
- Get married, live happily ever after, and all that shit.