UPDATED 3/28: We’re extending the book drive to April 15th so you have another few weeks to drop off books at our locations listed below. We’ve also got a contest kicking off on April 6th, where you could win a pair of tickets to Riot Fest 2023, just for donating one book! (See contest details.)
The Riot Fest Foundation is partnering with Chicago Youth Center – Sidney Epstein location for its first book drive. Starting on March 11th through April 15th, we are welcoming both new and gently used books. We’re happy to give your books a new home to help expand a child’s imagination.
Age ranges are 8 – 17 years old. All genres are welcome; PG-rated graphic/comic novels, and manga are also welcome.
Donate A Book, Win Tickets To Riot Fest 2023
On Thursday, April 6th, one random, lucky fan who drops off a book at any of the locations listed below after 12 PM will win a pair of 3-day tickets to Riot Fest 2023!
You must be 18+ to be eligible for the contest, and a heads up that the School of Rock in Evanston is closed for Spring Break, and the School of Rock in Andersonville doesn’t open until 3 PM so don’t show up right at noon!
Staff at each location will be selecting one random winner, who will receive a pair of tickets to go to Riot Fest 2023!
For the full contest rules, scroll down or click here.
Book donations can be dropped off at one of our designated drop-off locations below.
Book Drop Off Locations
4933 Oakton St.
Skokie IL 60077
Daily 7:30 AM – 6 PM
235 N Ashland Ave.
Chicago, IL 60607
Wed 11:30 AM – 2 AM
Thurs 11:30 AM – 2 AM
Fri 11:30 AM – 2 AM
Sat 4 PM – 3 AM
The Coffee Studio
5628 N Clark St.
Chicago IL 60660
Daily 6:30 AM – 5 PM
School of Rock – Andersonville
5600 N Ridge Ave.
Chicago IL 60660
Mon – Thurs 3 PM – 8 PM
Sat 11 AM – 3 PM
School of Rock – Evanston
1311 Sherman Pl.
Evanston, IL 60201
Mon- Thur 2 PM – 8 PM
Fri 3 PM – 7 PM
Sat 9 AM – 5 PM
CLOSED DURING SPRING BREAK 4/3 – 4/9
1462 N Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago IL 60622
Mon- Fri 7 AM – 7 PM
Sat/Sun 8 AM – 7 PM
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents and at least 18 years of age.
2. Employees of Riot Fest Corporation, and their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. Enter the contest by donating a book to any of the locations listed on this page by physically bringing the book to the location and placing it in the bin with the Book Drive flyer on it.
a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry allowed per person.
b) No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
c) The contest starts on Thursday, April 6th at 12 PM, CDT and all book donations must be received prior to closing time at each location on April 6th, 2023. Riot Fest Corporation is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries.
d) On Thursday, April 6th, 2023 one (1) winner will be randomly selected by Staff at each of the locations listed on this page. That means there will be a total of one (1) winner per location for a total of five (5) winners.
1. Five (5) winners will be selected. Winners will all receive a pair of General Admission 3-Day passes to Riot Fest 2023.
2. The winner will be notified by each location after they’ve donated their book. Before claiming the prize, the winner must provide his/her correct name, email address and telephone number to Riot Fest Corporation at the time of notification. Claims for tickets must be received within fourteen (14) days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize from Riot Fest Corporation. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Riot Fest Corporation reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within fourteen (14) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Riot Fest Corporation. Riot Fest Corporation has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Riot Fest Corporation is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Riot Fest Corporation is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Riot Fest Corporation has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available here on this page. You’re reading them right now.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Riot Fest Corporation at Riot Fest Corporation. P.O. Box 220350. Chicago, IL 60622 by May 6th, at least 30 days after end of contest.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Riot Fest Corporation accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Riot Fest Corporation cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. Riot Fest Corporation is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest.
6. Riot Fest Corporation reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against Riot Fest Corporation, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.