Last month, we unveiled eight of the ten full-album performances to happen at Riot Fest 2017. Now we reveal the final two albums; Danzig III: How the Gods Kill and Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).
Yes, people, that’s right. Danzig and Wu-Tang Clan join Dinosaur Jr., The Bosstones, Built to Spill, Fishbone, Bayside, Mayday Parade, The Lawrence Arms and that dog. in playing full-album sets at Riot Fest.
After last year’s reunion of The Misfits, Glenn Danzig returns to Riot Fest, this time bringing Danzig to celebrate the 25th anniversary of 1992’s Danzig III: How the Gods Kill. In a 4-star review of the album, Rolling Stone magazine said that Danzig “embodies the best in contemporary hard rock while displaying an originality that transcends genres. Rock is alarmingly short of visionaries these days; Danzig is the genuine article.”
Speaking of twenty-five years ago: that’s when the Wu-Tang Clan was sequestered on Staten Island (aka Shaolin), piecing together their challenge to the West Coast scene that would become one of the most definitive debut albums of all time–and we’re not just talking hip-hop. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) not only put this nine-armed monster on the map, but its use of eerie sounds and classic soul music samples (with a healthy dose of old martial arts movie clips) influenced a whole generation of artists and producers.
RIOT FEST 2017 FULL ALBUM PLAYS
- Danzig – Danzig III: How the Gods Kill (1997-25th Anniversary)
- Wu-Tang Clan – Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (1993)
- Dinosaur Jr. – You’re Living All Over Me (1987-30th Anniversary)
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones – Let’s Face It (1997-20th Anniversary)
- Built To Spill – Keep It Like A Secret (1999)
- Fishbone – Truth and Soul (1988-30th Anniversary)
- Bayside – The Walking Wounded (2007-10th Anniversary)
- Mayday Parade – A Lesson In Romantics (2007-10th Anniversary)
- The Lawrence Arms – Oh, Calcutta! (2006)
- that dog. — Retreat From The Sun (1997-20th Anniversary)