Editor’s Note: Want to win Coheed and Cambria tickets, plus some coffee? How about a coffee maker too? Head over to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and guess the number of Coheed coffee beans in a jar, and you could get your wish (rules & details are at the bottom of this page).
We’re going to start this by simply stating the truth: the Riot Fest office consumes a disgusting amount of coffee. Every day—at nearly every hour of the day—there is a fresh pot of sludge that will, without a doubt, vanish within 30 minutes with little to no thought as to what it tastes like.
That being said… we got a bag of Coheed & Cambria’s new coffee (specifically, The Knowledge variety) in the mail last week, and it was no doubt a good day in the Riot Fest kitchen. The band has crafted a delightfully devilish medium/dark roast coffee, produced in partnership with LA’s J Gursey Coffee Roasters of Los Angeles—made through a proprietary roasting process that (as the bag puts it) “levitates the beans on a hot bed of air, keeping the beans moving and not scorching on hot surfaces.” The bag doesn’t lie; it’s great coffee!
We’ve put together our thoughts below, and hereby would like to declare that this coffee does not suck. (And since it didn’t give any of us stomach pains, we will still be attending the Coheed & Cambria show we’re hosting this August).
“The Knowledge is a really tasty coffee—it’s a lighter roast but still wakes me up enough to prevent me from turning into The Crowing.”
–Dan Wade (Art Director)
“The amount of bitter, room-temperature black coffee I drink here is honestly unforgivable, and without a doubt has caused my stomach to hate me. I knew Coheed’s coffee would be an upgrade, regardless of the taste—but I was surprised to find that, hey, it’s actually pretty good.
–Bailey Davis (Content Director)
“Coffee is a utilitarian thing for me, whatever it is, if it’s there I’ll drink it. The Knowledge makes the coffee experience enjoyable with a nice smooth taste.”
–Mo Doron (Brand Manager + Designer)
“I never knew what heavy metal tasted like until I brewed up some of The Knowledge light roast early one morning at the office. The flavor itself is quite complex, much like the Riot Fest coffee machine that I still cannot operate without supervision from Jen, who has shown me how it works at least three times now.”
–Tim Toomey (Director of Marketing)
WIN COHEED TICKETS!
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents and at least 18 years of age.
2. Employees of Riot Fest Corporation, and their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
1. Enter online on Facebook, Instagram, or on Twitter on the official Riot Fest profile for that social network
a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry allowed per account holder OR [Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish.]
b) To enter, simply reply to the social post outlining contest details. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
c) The contest starts on Tuesday, July 28th at 10am, CDT and all entries must be received by Riot Fest Corporation by Tuesday, August 2nd at 6pm CDT. Riot Fest Corporation is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
d) On Tuesday, August 2nd, one (1) winners will be selected by Riot Fest Staff from among valid entries, based on who was closest to guessing the actual amount of coffee beans in the jar. If there are multiple correct guesses, then a winner will be selected at random.
1. One (1) winners will be selected. Winner will all receive a pair of general admission tickets to see Coheed and Cambria on August 6th at Radius.
2. Winners will be notified by email message. Before claiming the prize, the winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Riot Fest Corporation at the time of notification. Claims for tickets must be received within fourteen (4) days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize from Riot Fest Corporation. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Riot Fest Corporation reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within fourteen (4) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Riot Fest Corporation. Riot Fest Corporation has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Riot Fest Corporation is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Riot Fest Corporation is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Riot Fest Corporation has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at Riot Fest Corporation at Riot Fest Corporation. P.O. Box 220350. Chicago, IL 60622.
3. For a list of winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Riot Fest Corporation at Riot Fest Corporation. P.O. Box 220350. Chicago, IL 60622 by August 2nd , at least 30 days after end of contest].
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Riot Fest Corporation accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Riot Fest Corporation cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. Riot Fest Corporation is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Riot Fest Corporation reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against Riot Fest Corporation, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.