So you’ve decided to go to Riot Fest, huh? Well, I bet you have a bunch of burning questions that you still don’t know the answers to. After all, we get all sorts of questions ranging from sensible to completely nonsensical. And maybe you don’t even know what Riot Fest is.
Well fear not, Riot Fest attendee: whether you’ve never heard of Riot Fest or you’re just plain clueless, we’ve put together an all-inclusive First Timer’s Guide in hopes you’ll feel a little less lost this weekend.
Riot Fest is an annual 3-day music festival in Douglass Park, Chicago, featuring the best of punk, rock ‘n’ roll, hip-hop, metal, alternative, and just about everything in between (you can see who’s played Riot Fest in past years here).
When you’re not seeing one of the 90+ performances across 5 different stages, there are carnival rides (including a Ferris wheel), tons of food & drink options, and even the occasional butter sculpture.
GETTING TO RIOT FEST
Riot Fest suggests that fans either take public transportation, or ride a bicycle, or take a cab or ride-sharing service to Riot Fest. These are the most effective, environmentally sound, and neighborly methods to get to Douglass Park.
TAKING THE BUS/TRAIN? The CTA Pink Line’s California Ave. stop is just blocks away from the festival entrance—it’s the most convenient route to the fest.
RIDING A BIKE? There is a bicycle parking area located near the corner of W. 19th St. and S. Albany Ave., just a block away from the festival’s Main Entrance. Working Bikes, a local non-profit, will be providing valet services, flat tire fixes and brake checks for a small donation.
Please read our Transportation Guide for detailed instructions on bus and train routes, and bike options.
HOW DO I GET MY TICKETS?
Have a GA pass? Your passes are electronic only. Please make sure to print your tickets in advance. VIP/Deluxe/Ultimate, your tickets are held at will call, at individual check-in tents (see below).
As a courtesy to Douglass Park residents, General Admission tickets DO NOT permit re-entry throughout the day.
Box Office Location:
On the corner of W. Ogden Ave. and S. Sacramento Dr.
Box Office Hours:
Friday …………………. 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday ……………. 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday ……………….. 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
VIP/Deluxe/Ultimate: Use the dedicated Check-In Tent at the Box Office for your ticket type to pick up your tickets and get in faster (see below).
Once you pick up your passes, the private entry gates for VIP, Deluxe, and Ultimate tickets are located east of the main entrance.
ALL ATTENDEES, PLEASE NOTE:
- If there are issues with the passes, only the customer whose name is on the order will be able to receive customer support prior to the festival, as well as on-site.
- All pass holders must clear security, and all bags are subject to inspection.
- Riot Fest is a rain or shine event. All sales are final. Lineup and set times are all subject to change.
- Unable to view or print your ticket from your Eventbrite account? Please be sure to log in with the same email address used for purchase. Still having trouble? Customer support will be available on-site. Photo ID of original purchaser required.
- Cash and card are both accepted at Riot Fest. There will be ATMs around the festival grounds.
- VIP, Deluxe, and Ultimate upgrades are available! You can upgrade your ticket on-site at the box office, or inside festival grounds at any VIP or Deluxe gate. (Please Note: some upgrade may be unavailable, if sold out.)
- Please review our Anti-Harassment Policy before you get here.
- ADA Accessibility Questions? If you can’t find your answer in our FAQs, please email [email protected] with the subject line: “Accessibility at Riot Fest 2022” or visit the Accessibility Booth at the festival, located inside the main gate.
- Lost something? Found something? Please email [email protected].
- Lockers will be available for rental during the fest; these have been known to sell out quickly, so you can reserve them ahead of time here.
- Plans changed? Want to give your ticket to a friend? No problem: Use the Private Exchange function available via Lyte to safely transfer your order to a friend, family member, or fellow fan.
FOOD & DRINK
- For food on the festival grounds, we have dozens of food vendors with multiple vegan options across the grounds. See our map for a full list with locations.
- Douglass Park is filled with an excellent array of local food, with some open late each night after the fest. If you’re looking for a late-night bite after a long day of Riot Fest, see our Neighborhood Guide!
TIPS & TRICKS
FOR YOUR RIOT FEST WEEKEND:
- Get the Riot Fest App! It has all the info you need: the schedule, the map (with GPS location), the annoying-but-lovable Riot Fest Twitter Person notifications… what more could you want in an app?
- Wear sunscreen, you fool. (Don’t forget to re-apply as well.)
- Stay hydrated. Drink as much water as you can over the weekend.
- Get consent. Riot Fest has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind. Read our Anti-Harassment Policy before you get here.
- Respect our neighbors! Don’t loiter on private residences (including lawns, porches and alleys). Yield for traffic when you leave the festival—especially emergency vehicles. And please… DON’T LITTER!
- Bring your comfiest shoes. You’re going to be walking a lot. You don’t have to sacrifice fashion to pick a durable, reliable pair of kicks for the weekend.
- Avoid the chafe! If those shorts are short, try wearing deodorant in between your thighs (or use baby powder) to alleviate chafing.
- Get here early if you can. Some of the best sets you’ll see will be early in the day (we promise!)—and if it’s your first time, you’ll appreciate getting to know the festival grounds before the crowd gets bigger.
- Pick up your trash, you filthy human being.
- Wear different shoes each day, if you can—or opt for insoles so that your feet aren’t sitting the same spots in your shoes!
- Bring hair ties. You will find a way to use them or you’ll find someone who needs one — and maybe make a new friend.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
No worries. For information on renting a locker, what you can/can’t bring to Riot Fest—and more!—read our full FAQ here.